A few days ago I received a new BzzKit in the mail. This one is for the new BIC Soleil Glow razors. In the box was a three (3) pack of BIC Soleil Glow Razors and ten (10) Coupons to share with friends and family. Last night I decided to try them out and see what I thought.
BIC Soleil Glow Razors and 10 Coupons
I decided to use the BIC Soleil Glow on my right leg and a Gillette Simply Venus Disposable on my left. I bought myself a big pack (16 I believe) of the Gillette when we made a trip to Sam’s Club and have been slowly working my way through them. I like them well enough and wanted to see how these new ones from BIC compare.
Left is Gillette Simply Venus and Right in BIC Soleil Glow
Both of these razors have 3 blades, a moisture or lubricating strip, and a strip of ‘fins’ that are supposed to help reduce nicks and cuts. Both of these razors also have a pivoting head to help get around off of the curves in your legs. They also have some kind of grip to make the razor easier to hold on to while shaving.
My over all thoughts are that the Gillette Simply Venus does a better job. I noticed after shaving that my right leg still felt a little prickly, which my left leg felt smooth as normal. I feel like all the plastic around the head of the BIC Soleil Glow keeps the blades from getting as close as they possibly could. All of that plastic did seem to help the razor pivot around the curves of my knee and ankle better than the Venus does. I have no preference when it comes to the grips or the moisture strips.
I would probably recommend this razor to someone that is just starting out in the world of shaving. I say this because all that plastic keeps the blades from getting too close and helps prevent kicks and cuts, but they could still get the hang of the process. For those of us that like a closer, smoother shave I suggest you try something else.
Here is a list of things I have done to help me stay motivated so that I can achieve the goals I have set for myself this year.
- Talk about my progress and failures. I tend to talk to friends, family, and co-workers about my goals and what I plan to do to achieve them. Along with that I talk about what I have done so far and whether or not I have made progress. Some people care, some don’t. At least I am talking about it.
- Get others involved. Recently I have noticed I have been having a hard time keeping up with the exercising that I set out to do. I took notice of this and have asked for some help from friends and family. I have asked that they ask me about my routine from time to time so that I am help accountable. My sister will probably even join me on this exercise journey even though she is 4,000 miles away. Having someone else to talk to when you are likely experiencing the same things is critical.
- Write it down. I have taken to writing in my planner. I write a to do list some days and others I just write what I accomplished after the day is done.It helps me to feel like I accomplished more than I thought when I do this. I am trying to remember to write everyday, some days just slip by.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Stuff happens, things get edited out of your day to make room for more important things. It is not a big deal. Just pick up where you left off the next day and try to stick to the schedule you set yourself.
- Treat yourself. Sometimes we all need a little something extra to keep going. Set a goal for the week of month and if you succeed treat yourself. Go out to eat, buy yourself something you have been wanting for a while, or just take a day off and relax.
I have never been one to make resolutions for the new year. I have always felt the if you want to make a change in your life that you should just make it and not wait for a specific time of year to start. This being said, I have sort of made some resolutions for the year. I like the time frame of a year to meet these goals, it just so happens that the motivation to change things hit me around the beginning of the new year.
First, I would like to get fit. Notice I did not say lose weight. I am in no way unhappy with the number on the scale, but if I lose a few pounds in the process I will not be upset. I mostly just want to get moving more and tone my body. At the moment my fitness level is minimal. I work retail, so I get a lot of walking in on the days that I work (minimum of 4 hours a day for 4 or more days a week). On top of the walking I have started doing some beginner Pilates and yoga. I chose these because of the ability to gain some flexibility and the stretching that comes along with them always feels nice. Another thing that I would like to start this year is running. This activity will wait until I am feeling a bit more fit and the nicer weather that comes with summer in Alaska. Running will be especially challenging for me since I have asthma and a messed up knee, but I will do what I can and listen to my body.
Next I would like to work on my sleep schedule. There has already been some improvement. In the past week I have been asleep before 3AM more often than after 6AM. My goal is to be asleep by 1AM every night and wake by 9AM. Currently I am waking anywhere between 10AM and Noon, which is much better than my previous 2PM wake time. I would like to get to the point where it is just something that my body does naturally and I no longer need an alarm clock.
Another thing that I would like to work on this year is being more independent. I have social anxiety. Large crowds, too much noise, even the thought of crossing the street freak me out. I want to really push myself to do some things on my own. In the past year I can only remember a few times that I have left my house without Matt being there. Part of this if me not being comfortable driving his car, but there have been times that I wouldn’t even go to the bank across the street by myself. I know this is all foreign to him and he doesn’t really understand it. It is a lot for him to take on and put up with. I no longer want anxiety to be a large part of my life like it has been in the past.
Part of all of this is having a new attitude towards life in general. I don’t want to sit around and just exist, I want to LIVE. I want to enjoy every day that is given to me and be a happier, nicer person.
What are you doing to better yourself this year? Have you made a progress?